Your last name doesn't have to be DELANO to be part of the DELANO KINDRED.
If your surname is DELANO or one of its derivatives (DeLano, de Lanoy, De Lannoy, de la Noye or other variations), or the DELANO name is somewhere in your family tree, or perhaps you are simply interested in DELANO family history, we'd be delighted to have you join us.
Joining the DELANO KINDRED
Joining the DELANO KINDRED is easy. First, decide which category of membership would be appropriate. To view our membership categories, dues structure and Membership Application Form, click on the side menu links. Note: the Membership Application Form is in Adobe PDF format; your web browser may need an Adobe Reader plug-in to view this form.
Last, fill out the form and send it, with a check made out to "Delano Kindred, Inc." for your registration fee, to the address shown on the form. That's it! You'll receive a Welcome Letter from us with your membership information. If you've provided an email address, you'll also receive an email with your Delano Kindred Logon ID and initial password to access the members-only portion of this web site.
Benefits of Membership
- Assistance of the DELANO KINDRED genealogist and researchers to help you document your ancestry. Our genealogist has documented over 42,000 records (names, photos, documents, etc.) on the DELANO Family tree.
- Receipt of the bi-annual newsletter "Bonnes Nouvelles," (Good Tidings). The newsletter is also available for downloading from this site.
- Opportunity to participate in the DNA testing project.
- Opportunity to participate in our Annual Reunions, which draw family and distinguished speakers from across the country and around the world.
- Access to the "members only" sections of our web site. Here are some highlights:
- Opportunity to leave an imprint of your unique family history for future generations to discover and enjoy through your contributions to the DELANO KINDRED members' web site.
- Access to the archives of the Delano Kindred newsletter, Bonnes Nouvelles (in color!), in PDF format. These can be viewed and saved to your local computer as desired.
- Review new and topical articles from other publications, journals, and resources that illuminate the family history, linage and lore.
- A "for members only" membership directory for connecting with family.
- Ability to post requests for assistance in resolving "Missing Links" in your family history and to help others in resolving theirs.
- Ability to start and participate in discussions about topics of general interest to the Delano Kindred community.