2021 Annual Meeting Information UPDATED 27 August 2021
ANNUAL MEETING NOTICE: September 17-19, 2021.
The 2021 Delano Kindred Annual Meeting, to be held both in-person and virtually via ZOOM, is scheduled for September 17-19, 2021, in Plymouth, Massachusetts. The Annual Business Meeting will be at 1 PM (Eastern time) on Saturday the 18th. This post will be kept updated as new information becomes available. Registration will be available via this website.
IF NOT ALREADY LOGGED ON, MEMBERS WILL BE ASKED TO VALIDATE THEIR MEMBERSHIP BY SUPPLYING THEIR LOGON ID and PASSWORD DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. PLEASE LOG ON OR MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR VALID ID and PASSWORD AVAILABLE BEFORE STARTING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS. NON-MEMBERS REGISTERING TO ATTEND IN PERSON NEED ONLY SUPPLY A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION.
27 August 2021 -
- Cancellation Policy: Simply stated, the registration fee is NOT refundable, but money paid for the dinners, Alden House tour and pictures is 100% refundable ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 9th.
- Masks: At the present time, Plimoth Patuxet (where our meetings are being held) is NOT requiring visitors to wear masks at their facilities. So, our mask policy is that masks are appreciated, especially for those who haven't been vaccinated against COVID, but it's up to you. We will let you know if that situation changes.
- Vegetarian Dinner Option: We have been asked to add a vegetarian option for dinner, so if you would prefer that in place of a dinner option you've already selected, use the CONTACT US form to send in an email with your request and we'll change your order. The cost is the same.
- Special Dietary Needs: The kitchen is capable of responding to special dietary needs, such as an allergy to wheat or shellfish or whatever, but they must be told about it BEFORE they prepare your dinner. So if you do have such an allergy, use the CONTACT US form to send in an email with your special needs and we'll update your order.
27 July 2021 - The REGISTRATION DEADLINE for BOTH the Baymont and the In-Person Reunion Meeting has been EXTENDED to AUGUST 31st, 2021.
24 June 2021 - The Agenda is set and REGISTRATION is NOW OPEN. Please click on the link at the end of this post to register for either the Annual Meeting via ZOOM (1 PM Eastern time on Saturday, September 18, no registration fee) or to attend the Annual Meeting and Reunion in person ($15/person registration fee until August 31, $20 thereafter). Delano Kindred members may elect to attend the Annual Meeting virtually via ZOOM rather than in person; ZOOM meeting credentials will be sent to you via email a day or two prior to the meeting. For in-person attendees, a valid, unique email address is required for the person completing the registration, but is not required for any of his/her guests. Important dates to remember:
- AUGUST 31, 2021 - Last day to reserve a room at the Baymont by Wyndham Hotel at the guaranteed Delano Kindred group rate (see below for hotel details);
- AUGUST 31, 2021 - Last day to register for the in-person meeting without incurring a $5/person Late Fee;
- SEPTEMBER 11, 2021 - Last day to register for the meeting, either in-person or virtual via Zoom;
- SEPTEMBER 17, 2021 - First day of the in-person meeting;
- SEPTEMBER 18, 2021 - Last day of the meeting (Annual Meeting at 1 PM Eastern time).
For those attending in person, here is what's happening (all times are EASTERN time):
- Friday, September 17
- 10 - 11:30 AM: Early registration, genealogy chit-chat with Muriel, and "social hour" in the Baymont's conference room.
- 12:15 - 1:00 PM: Registration in the Plimoth Patuxet Museums Accomack Room
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Speaker - Jennifer Sinsigalli (author of Before the Mayflower, a work of historical fiction describing life in Leiden in 1609-1625) on Leiden in the Early 17th Century
- 2:00 - 3:00 PM: Speaker - Carolyn Ravenscroft (Historian, Duxbury Rural & Historical Society) on the Samuel Delano Logbook, Amasa Delano's voyages and their influence on Herman Melville's short novel Benito Cereno
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Speaker & Video - Carolyn Ravenscroft - Myles Standish Burying Ground tour and rededication of the restored Benoni Delano marker
- 6:00 - 8:00 PM: Guided tour of the Alden House Historic Site with hors d'oeuvres
- 7:00 PM: Speaker - Desiree Mobed (Alden Kindred Executive Director) on Delano and Alden Connections
- Saturday, September 18
- Saturday morning on your own (suggest visiting Mayflower II or the Museum grounds, passes for sale at the Museum)
- 1:00 - 2:30 PM: Annual Meeting, in-person and via ZOOM for registered attendees in the Accomack Room
- 2:30 PM (or immediately following the Annual Meeting): Group Pictures
- 3:00 - 4:00 PM: Speaker - DK member Becket Soule on After the Mayflower
- 4:00 PM: Vacate Accomack Room to allow setting up for dinner
- 6:00 - 6:45 PM: Cash bar and social hour
- 6:45 - 9:00 PM: Dinner with guest speaker
10 May 2021 - Where to stay: A block of rooms has been secured at the Baymont by Wyndham hotel at 149 Main Street in Kingston, MA for our members on September 17 & 18 for $149.00 (plus tax of $14.45) per night for a double-queen room (non-smoking). Arrival earlier or staying later is an option at $99 (plus tax of $9.60) per night. To receive these rates, you must call the hotel directly at (781) 585-3831 and ask for the Delano Kindred Group Rate before August 1st. If you are a Wyndham Rewards member, you may accumulate points for this reservation but you may not use points to pay for it. If you would like to know a little bit more about where we're staying, click here to check out the Baymont by Wyndham website.
LET'S BE SOCIAL
- Login to explore...
- Apply for Membership
- Membership Categories
- Dues Structure
- Preliminary Genealogy Form
- About The Delano Kindred
- Public Member Directory
- Philippe Delano
- Our Mission
- Our Accomplishments
- Contribution Form